Hello friends! I want to share one simple card today. As I have no only one scrapbook design team now, the cards are so rare guests here. But I finally have the time to carry out ideas I thought about for a long time! And this time it is a card with the brutal concrete background and the pop of the color on flower!
Just look how naturally this background look! It is not stamping or pattern paper!)) And this is amazing. I learned how to make it in Taheerah Atchia’s On Trend classes. And I was so inspired, I couldn’t wait to try this technique!
Now I want to share the step by step tutorial (without background making of course, because it is not my idea). All products I used are listed in the text, I use compensated affiliate links (which means if you make a purchase I will get a small commission with no additional cost for you).
- Make the brutal background. I added some black and blue color to my texture. I then splashed it with the paint and old tooth brush. I think such splashes are very appropriate here. Reminds me the concrete wall, isn’t it?
- Stamp the flower and some leaves from Build-A-Flower: Carnation stamp set by Altenew. I used Cherry Blossom and Tropical Forest inks sets. I then die cut all elements with the matching dies. Add some white paint on the flower too — it adds the grunge texture.
- Adhere the background to the white card base and foam mount the flower with the leaves.
- White heat emboss the sentiment on the black card stock, cut it to two narrow banners and adhere to the flower with a slight rotation relative to each other.
- Add some black sequins and and clear drops. They bring another kind of texture to the card and I like it.
Have a good day!0